It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 3:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1171, 1172, 1173, 1174, 1175, 1176  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cartwright/Goose Bay crowd.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:16 pm 
l33t Puffino

Hey there. It's been a busy week & it's not over yet. :P After celebrating with the Canadians on Wednesday, on Thursday we had a small get-together at our place for the Ambassador & her husband who are leaving this month for Germany. It turned out to be a lot of fun & the last guests didn't leave until after midnight. lol! We took it easy last night but this evening we're invited out for sushi with a couple of colleagues. Should be another nice evening but I think I'll relax next week. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:53 pm 
Puffin Post Admin

yuk sushi :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:14 am 
l33t Puffino

I can't eat sushi because of the rice but I do like the other stuff. I usually eat gyosas & shrimp tempura. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:16 am 
l33t Puffino

Hello, good to "see" Flo post in here. I have never tried sushi, don't know that I will, lol. Lotsa rain your way as per usual eh, we've had wet dreary weather for days but it's decent today. Could be the 1st week of June judging by the weather. I'm getting ready to go salmon fishing with Alma and Eugene, allowed to put the nets out at 6 this evening, hoping we're gonna be successful. I try to get mine as soon as the season opens as work makes it difficult, only certain times I can go, been too scheduled for too many years I guess. Anyhow I must check on my dinner such as it is, chicken strips and fried, fills the hole tho when I'm busy, lol. Have a great day. TTYL.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:13 am 
l33t Puffino

It was good to see Flo in here, maybe she'll come in more often. :) Well, we had a few rain free days but there's a shower coming in as I type & it's blowing a gale. A good day to stay at home & do a whole lot of nothing. I worked yesterday but once or twice a week at work is enough for me. :P Hope you get all your salmon soon. I sure wish I could get out in boat this summer but I did have a couple of boat rides in Roatan & I'm happy with that. Maybe I'll get out for a quick run in NWR.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:37 pm 
l33t Puffino

A good Sunday to ya. We've had a lot of sunshine over the past couple of days with only a few light rain showers. I'm good with that. We even managed to have a barbie on the terrace last night. Hopefully, the rainy season is slowing down a little. :) We didn't do a whole lot on the weekend but I think we're off to the hardware store sometime today. Have a grand day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:23 pm 
l33t Puffino

Hello, working my 2nd night and tis a warm one, 26 degrees, I'm not complaining tho as we've had chilly temps for so long. Thankfully we have air conditioning at the station for the past few years. I got my salmon, had 3 the 1st evening with Alma and Eugene, we left the net out all night and went back 6 the next morning, I couldn't wait to haul it, much to my dismay not a thing, what a let down, lol. We had a great day tho, was on the water for most of 12 hours. Ron took me to North River a few days ago and I got the rest of my quota, so pleased and thankful. Elaine and Arthur arrived yesterday hoping to get theirs too, they left for Main Tickle about an hour ago, fingers crossed they get them as well. Anyhow I must have a looksee at fb. TTYL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:31 am 
l33t Puffino

Happy to hear that you got your salmon. I'm hoping for a feed when I get to Labrador if Bub got any left over. :) Your weather sounds lovely. We're still getting rain showers most days but will soon be looking forward to some more stable weather.....I hope. Getting excited about our holidays now.....only 4 more weeks & we'll be heading out. Yeah! Well, must get started at the housework. Have a great weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:55 am 
l33t Puffino

Hello Saturday. It's finally a nice one here. We had a lot of rain yesterday & there's more forecast for today but right now the sun is shining. I'll take it. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:22 am 
l33t Puffino

Hello from my chilly and dull corner of the world, tis a balmy 7 degrees, like wtf tis the 23rd of July, lol. Anyhow nothing to be done about the weather, will make the best of it and be thankful there's no fires, etc. I'm working my 2nd day, saved Coronation Street for this morning, here's hoping my phones stay silent, lol. I'm sure you'll get a feed of salmon, :). Anyhow I'm outta here for now, enjoy your day. TTYL.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:59 am 
Puffin Post Admin

I no like shrimp either Cap_PDT_01_01 lol
wish the man of me dreams would come take me away haha :-D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:09 pm 
l33t Puffino

G'day. Geez, I haven't been here for awhile. I went away for 1 day last week & it seemed like a month. lol! Went off to the western part of Honduras with one of Detlef's colleagues and really enjoyed the time away from the city. It was so quiet & peaceful in the hills. Back to city traffic & loud noises again but looking forward to our vacation in 3 weeks. Can't wait to have a good old snooze near the river. :) Well, back to Monday housework again tomorrow so I'm off to relax for the rest of the day. Hope you get your wish, Flo. lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 am 
l33t Puffino

Hello, back at work this morning, had a busy days off, cleaned up the old shingles at Dad's, took 2 loads to the dump Saturday, one yesterday morning and the last one in the afternoon, Alma came and helped me for the last load, so good of her. We took a few other junk items as well, old door, siding, etc, looks much better. I'm hoping Ron will get the whipper snipper out when he's back from work and get rid of the grass up there, way too much, and I wanna get some willows outta there as well. I'm on a mission now, lol. Flo, I hope your guy whisks you away soon, :). Can't believe it's August tomorrow, time's flying. Anyhow I must have a looksee at the conditions, have a good day. TTYL.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:10 am 
Puffin Post Admin

can someone come clean me dirty lil home Cap_PDT_01_01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:54 am 
l33t Puffino

You're a busy lady, Sharon. Nothing like cleaning & tidying though, eh. :) Got my house cleaned up yesterday & would gladly help with yours Flo....if I wasn't so far away. :) Whew! Haha. We've got a bit of sun this morning but that usually changes as the day goes on. We had a wicked rain storm yesterday but the rainy season should be tapering off pretty soon. By the time we get back from holidays winter will be well on the way with all of the wind that it brings with that season. Me nerves! Oh well, not a whole lot we can do about the weather. Have a grand day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1171, 1172, 1173, 1174, 1175, 1176  Next